Capacity & Facilities
The Schuyler County Jail is capable of housing 30 inmates in five cell blocks, one detention cell, and one dormitory cell. The jail has indoor and outdoor recreation facilities and a jail library.
Services & Programs
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Anger Management
- Church and Bible Study
- Mental Health
Jail staff includes:
- 19 full-time corrections officers
- 10 part-time corrections officers
- 2 registered nurses
- 3 part-time cooks
| HALT Information
June 2022: 0 Incarcerated Individuals in Segregated Confinement
- Effective 1/1/2020, the visitation hours are changing. See below for the noted changes.
- Each inmate is allowed 2 - one-hour visitations per week.
- Visitors must have a photo ID issued by a government agency.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian, with the legal guardian possessing legal documents proving they are the legal guardian.
- Anyone visiting an inmate must wear conservative clothing and cannot be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; anyone in violation of this will not be allowed to visit the inmate.
- No books, reading material, or Polaroid pictures may be brought in and dropped off for inmates.
- Newspapers and magazines must be sent through the mail from a publisher and directly addressed to the inmate.
- Clothing is permissible to bring in to the inmate with the approval of the jail administrator. You may contact the Jail Administrator at (607) 535-8228.
- Every person entering the jail will be required to pass through a metal detector.
|Due to Covid restrictions, inmate visitation is currently non-contact only and must be scheduled in advance by calling 607-535-8228 Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm. The scheduled time slots are as follows and will be scheduled on a "first come, first served" basis:
Sundays and Wednesdays
Schuyler County Sheriff's Office
OR, via a kiosk located in the lobby of the Sheriff's Office,
OR, electronically at the link below. www.smartdeposit.com
Inmate Phone SystemIn order to set up an account for an inmate to be able to contact you via telephone, go to: