If you are experiencing an emergency during non-working hours please contact the Sheriff’s Department at 535-8222.
For your convenience, most applications and frequently asked for documents can be located for pick up in the main entrance vestibule.
Documentation for Social Services can be submitted after-hours in the drop box located near the main entrance of the building.
For any questions or concerns you may call Social Services’ main phone number at 607-535-8303.
Adult Services call: 607-535-8338
Children's Services call: 607-535-8322
- Those with Child Support related matters are asked to call the State Child Support Helpline (888) 208-4485 or on-line at www.childsupport.ny.gov
- Child Care Application for Funding
- For Adult Services clients receiving checks, please note that effective 3/20/2020 all checks will be mailed.
- INHS Homebuyer and Rental Assistance Program
- NYS Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Schuyler County Department of Social Services assists those in need with services that support their health, safety and welfare while encouraging personal responsibility and self-sufficiency in a compassionate and respectful manner.
Department of Social Services Programs
Income Maintenance Programs:
-Temporary Assistance Services
-SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
-HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program)
Child Support Enforcement
-Child Protective Services
-Child Preventative Services
Fraud & Recovery
2020-2021 Temporary Assistance/SNAP Employment Plan